All hospital services remain available and will not be interrupted during construction
Geisinger Health System will break ground on an $80 million expansion project at Geisinger-Community Medical Center (G-CMC) in June, 2013.
Scheduled to be completed in the summer of 2015, the expansion will include a 14-room operating suite, a re-designed intensive care unit, an enhanced lobby that will extend to Mulberry Street and additional clinical and physician office space.
The expansion at G-CMC is part of the $158.6 million investment Geisinger Health System committed to enhance clinical programs, increase physician recruitment, expand and improve facilities and implement new information systems in Scranton and its surrounding communities.
This is an exciting time to be at Geisinger-Community Medical Center and we aim to keep everyone updated throughout the progress beginning with this brief overview of what to expect beginning June 3rd.
On August 12, 2013, the G-CMC expansion project will enter Phase II, and the following changes will take place:
- The hospital’s Main Entrance will be relocated to Colfax Avenue for the duration of the expansion project.
- Valet Services will be available for patients and visitors at the Colfax Avenue entranceway Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- The parking garage on Colfax Avenue will remain open for patients and visitors.
- There will be no parking on the hospital side of Mulberry Street. The sidewalk will also be closed. Pedestrian access will be available on the north side of the street.
Scheduled to be completed in the summer of 2015, the $80 million expansion project will include:
- A new 14-room operating suite
- A re-designed intensive care unit
- An enhanced lobby that will extend to Mulberry Street
- Additional clinical and physician office space
All hospital services will be available and continue without interruption during construction.