Neuroscience at G-CMC delivers expert neurosurgical care to Scranton and the surrounding regions. With six specialized neurosurgeons at G-CMC, we are the largest neurosurgical team in northeast Pennsylvania. The skills of our surgeons, in combination with G-CMC’s technology, allow people who suffer from spine or brain injuries, epilepsy or ailments to receive expert care close to home. We have a neurologist specialized in epilepsy who also partners with our neurosurgeons for surgical treatment options for patients with epilepsy. There no longer exists the need to travel out of the region for neurosurgical expertise, saving critical time, improving outcomes and enabling patients to conveniently manage their pre- and post-operative care.
Services We Perform
- Craniotomies for brain tumors, blood clots, and benign disorders
- Shunt procedures for hydrocephalus
- G-CMC is well known the treatment of Arnold Chiari Malformations
- Spinal operations for the treatment of: ruptured discs, degenerative disc disorders, tumors, and trauma injury
- Peripheral nerve operations for: carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar neuropathy, and peripheral nerve tumors
- Spinal implantation for pain
Neuroscience Institute Providers:
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will my procedure take?
The length of time depends upon each procedure. We will give you and your family an estimate of time just prior to surgery.
What kind of complications are associated with neuro procedures?
Complications that neurosurgical patients may develop are: infection, nerve damage, and pain
How long will my restrictions last?
Less than 3 – 4 weeks on average.