The Neuroscience Institute of NEPA at G-CMC Hospital brings a new level of expertise to our region. The skills offered by G-CMC Board Certified Neurosurgeon Shripathi Holla, MD in combination with G-CMC’s technology, people who suffer from spine or brain injuries or ailments can now receive intervention without the need to travel to Philadelphia or New York saving critical time and improving outcomes.
Services We Perform
- Craniotomies for brain tumors, blood clots, and benign disorders
- Shunt procedures for hydrocephalus
- G-CMC is well known the treatment of Arnold Chiari Malformations
- Spinal operations for the treatment of: ruptured discs, degenerative disc disorders, tumors, and trauma injury
- Peripheral nerve operations for: carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar neuropathy, and peripheral nerve tumors
- Spinal implantation for pain
Neuroscience Institute Providers:
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will my procedure take?
The length of time depends upon each procedure. We will give you and your family an estimate of time just prior to surgery.
What kind of complications are associated with neuro procedures?
Complications that neurosurgical patients may develop are: infection, nerve damage, and pain
How long will my restrictions last?
Less than 3 – 4 weeks on average.